Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Racist Boston Police Officer Response

In the post in the blog, "Red, White & Blog" titled "Racist Boston Police Officer", the tone of the situation facing the Boston police officer versus Henry Louis Gates Jr. is very well captured. First off, I must be living under a rock because I had no idea of this whole deal occurring. But I agree with everything that was said in the post. I believe the author, Daniel Vasquez, captured the tone of the whole state of affair in his question, "…how can such strong words not been intended with a racial connotation?" Someone that is held to a high regard, such as a police officer, must be able to maintain themselves under all types of pressure, whether it's outside pressure or pressure from their feelings within, and be aware of their actions and the consequences that they may have. They must maintain themselves especially if their opinions are sent out to a mass. I'm very sad that something like this is still happening here in America where we are all equal, but we must accept the fact that there is racism is all groups, majorities and minorities. There's always going to be faults in our society no matter how hard we try to diminish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment